The Plane of Imagination (6 to 12 years)
The child between the ages of 6 and 12 years is ready to take the leap into the world of imagination. With a growing ability for reason and logic, the child between 6 and 12 years becomes ready to understand the working dynamics of the universe, the world and the society of people.
The Prepared environment for 6 to 12 supports the child in the following ways:
- Providing scope for imaginative exploration through academic study of language arts, history, social and natural sciences, mathematics and creative arts development.
- Going Out – Offering opportunities for application of concepts in the real world outside the walls of a classroom.
- Preparing individual children to develop ownership their learning by designing their own day plans and how the curriculum rolls out.
- Teachers serve as guides to initiate children into research and enquiry based learning.
- Building sensitivity and awareness on significant social aspects of ethics, morals, diversity and personal and social justice.
Primary Years ( Grades 2 to 5)
- Working in Montessori’s Elementary Classrooms in mixed age groups
- Learning happens through interaction with concrete material and simultaneous abstraction of concepts
- Exploring and experimenting with concepts via activity, research and referencing work
Middle School Years (Grade 6 and 7)
- Working in classrooms and laboratories
- Working on class projects
- Learning happens through social interactions and engaging with abstract ideas.
- Planning one’s own learning and monitoring it